Monday, June 29, 2009

The Big Comeback

This is my first post in a long time. Case in point, I had my fingers posed over the keyboard for a good four and a half minutes before I remembered the password to log into my blogger account. Sorry this is not going to be anything profound, just a few musings from my day...

1) I noticed a tree, an actual tree, in the front yard today that I have never seen before. This might cause concern to some people but I took it as proof that everyday in the life of me is surprising!
2) One of the greatest joys is sitting on my porch watching people walk by, sweating to the oldies on their ipods, while I lick the remainder of my peanut butter cup ice cream off my lips. Some people need to get their priorities straight!
3) I put into practice today my theory that two year olds do not respond to logic, just choices. Example: "Do you want a juice box while we take a walk, or do you want to sit in your crib?" BA-BOOM, and suddenly we are strolling peacefully down the street.
4) Because of the event of number 3, and the fact that I signed and mailed three loan checks today, I feel very accomplished! And grown up!
5) I realized since now I am out of college and don't have to pay Karen at the laudromat the "low" price of $40 to have my laundry done in three hours, I actually wash clothes a lot more often. This, I would consider, is a good thing seeing as almost everyday when I undress I find remnants of food, baby boogers, dirt, and sometimes playdoh smushed into my clothing.
6) It is a very sad and tragic thing that Billy Mays died. However, his big chance is here, selling the sham-wow to God. Red wine stains? GONE.
(this is not a joke...I love infomercials...ask anybody. my favorite is the power juicer- "somebody told me I was glowing and asked if I was pregnant. I said, no! I've just been juicing!")
7) Today I watched Psych, which originally I thought was about Psychos. Anybody else on that page with me? But, nope, we were wrong. It is about a Psychic working as a detective. What will they think of next??
8) I had a dream today during my 2 hour nap (don't you wish you had my job?...) that I was still caring for the twins when they were teenagers. One of them demanded that I make sauteed mushrooms in a lettuce wrap, but after I was half way into the cooking, they decided not to eat it. Anxiety about meeting the demands of the babies much?
9) Probably the reason I had that dream was because yesterday the seven year old sauntered down to breakfast and quipped, "Hey Granny, whip me up some pancakes!" Hahahaha... I really can't get enough of that kid!
10) Just be glad I made it to ten ;)

So there you have it, my blogging begins again...Get excited!

2 comments:

david1082 said...

I'm sad that Ali Akbar Khan died.

Kate said...

Oh, Laura! It's not the same as sitting together on our triplet beds in 111, listening to your musings as we drink Big Bertha and eat Nutella fingers while listening to NSYNC Christmas... but this post did put a huge smile on my face! I miss you so much and I'll talk to you SOON!